This Voyager Advisory Notice serves to address frequently asked questions to ensure that you are able to respond competently and confidently to our most valued customers.
Below are the top two matters trending:
1. Miles due to expire on 31 March 2018 – How can Voyager members ensure that their Voyager Miles do not expire?
If a minimum of 6000 (six thousand) Tier Miles were flown on SAA operated flights for the period 1 January to 31 December 2017 preceding the date of expiry, miles will not expire. This equates to R3750 spent on SAA operated flights.
If a Lifetime Platinum member spends a minimum of R300,000 (three hundred thousand Rand) on the SAA Voyager credit card during the period January to December 2017 preceding the date of expiry, miles will not expire.
When one of these thresholds have been achieved during 2017, bonus miles with a further validity of one (1) year equalling the total number of miles due to expire, will be awarded (reinstated) on 31 March 2018. .
If members did not achieve one of the above thresholds during 2017 and they have miles due to expire, they have to use their miles before 31 March 2018.
2. Realignment of domestic services between Mango and SAA
a) How does this change affect Voyager members?
- Effective 15 January 2018, Voyager members earn revenue-based mileage (1 Voyager Mile for every R1.60 spent) when booked on the SAA marketing flight number where Mango is the operating carrier and these miles will count towards their tier status. Members will continue to enjoy the SAA baggage allowance and lounge access according to their Tier status.
b) When Voyager members want to book a connecting flight using a Star Alliance Award or a Companion ticket, can they book on the SAA marketing flight number on Mango operated flights to connect to an international flight?
- Redemption is not allowed on SAA marketing flights. SAA-operated flights will have to be used for connecting flights when using Star Alliance Awards and Companion tickets.
c) Can Voyager members redeem miles on Mango?
- Voyager members can continue to spend their Voyager Miles on Mango operated flights, by utilising Voyager Miles or a combination of miles and a range of payment options. In order to redeem miles, Voyager members have to visit www.flymango.com.