South African Airways is pleased to confirm the resumption of all international flights SA234 / SA235 to/from London and advises customers to report and check-in as normal.
In addition, South African Airways (SAA) is pleased to confirm the resumption of services to six destinations on the African continent namely Accra, Lagos, Lusaka, Maputo, Windhoek and Harare, from Tuesday, 19 November 2019.
Furthermore, SAA are pleased to announce its intention to resume selected flights from Johannesburg to Cape Town, Durban and Victoria Falls, with effect from Thursday 21 November 2019.
There are a wide number of domestic, and some regional services, still not in operation following the announcement made on Friday 15th November by the South African Cabin Crew Association (SACCA) and the National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa (NUMSA) to embark on industrial action.
For the latest information on operating services customers can visit https://www.flysaa.com/de-traveladvisory or call 0208 576 5500.
For Trade enquiries please call 0208 576 5555 Option 2.
Click here to access the contact details for all other SAA offices globally.
Customers are requested not to travel to their departure airport unless they are in possession of a rebooked itinerary. As call volumes are very high, we urge customers only to contact SAA in the event that they are required to rebook their cancelled domestic or regional service (for immediate travel).
SAA is continuing to work with its partner airlines, Mango and SA Airlink to re-book all customers travelling on domestic services for Thursday 21 November 2019 and Friday 22 November 2019.
Once again, we apologise to all our passengers for all the inconvenience caused. We are continuing discussions with labour and remain committed to reach a prompt resolution in the best interests of all parties.
SAA will seek to rebook customers travelling on other regional routes (points on the African Continent) wherever possible.
This operational decision is aimed at minimising the impact of disruptions for the airline’s customers. SAA has further worked with its sister airline Mango Airlines to re-accommodate as many customers as possible travelling on domestic services.
This may mean changes in timing and aircraft types, but aims to ensure that SAA’s customers reach their intended destination with minimal disruption.
Customers traveling to destinations in the regional market (points on the African continent) will be re-accommodated on Airlink a partner airline of SAA and other airlines where possible. However, it will not be possible to re-accommodate all customers.
Only flights operated by South African Airways will be affected.
Customers seeking a refund or wishing to rebook their travel on a future SAA service have until 30 November 2019 to finalise their arrangements.
Rebooking Assistance for SAA Customers:
Further to the ongoing suspension of some of SAA’s regional and domestic passengers will be assisted as follows.
Where possible, passengers will be rebooked onto flights operated by any of SAA’s Star Alliance partners or other airlines to travel to their final destination with minimal disruption.
Assistance will be provided to ticketed passengers holding a South African Airways ticket (only). All affected flights will have a UN status and will appear on your Urgent Queue, please ensure that you manage your queues.
SAA customers may be re-protected onto any other IATA carrier within 24 hours of the strike action.
Ticketing Process for SAA (083) Tickets:
The following options will be available to SAA customers whose tickets were issued on or before 13th November 2019 for flights impacted by the strike action between the 15th and 22nd November 2019.
• Rebook onto another South African Airways flight for any flight until 31st October 2020 at no extra charge and subject to availability in the same booking class in the same cabin. If the same booking class is not available, rebook in the lowest available booking class in the same cabin.
• If the customer no longer wishes to travel, then the booking can be cancelled and a full refund (including taxes) will be offered to the original form of payment.
• Where possible, rebook onto flight(s) operated by any of SAA’s Star Alliance, Codeshare and Interline Partners to transport customers to their final destination with minimal disruption. Lowest available RBD to be booked on Partner carriers in same Cabin.
Amadeus Entry (TGAD-SA) for Interline Partners, pending Other Airline (OAL) approval.
• All tickets must be reissued on or before 30th November 2019.
• Tickets should be endorsed: INVOL RRTE DUE SA STRIKE/….(dte)
• Waivers to this policy will not be made.
• This policy is applicable to South African Airways flights only and does not apply to Mango, SA Express and Airlink issued on SA (083) ticket stock and not on separate tickets of other airlines.
• Change of cabin will not be permitted.
• Previous no-show passengers are not eligible for this waiver.
• All additional taxes for ticketed passengers will be absorbed by SAA.
• SAA Reserves the right to amend the policy without prior notice.
Route and corresponding Carrier Support for SAA as per IATA Resolution 735D.
Please note if you are re-booking onto BA Comair the following OSI remark must be entered in the booking as well as passenger’s contact:
“Invol reroute due SA disruption as per BA/SA agreement.”
Domestic Carriers Ticket Action / Process
JNB-CPT JE/BA BA Involuntary reroute within 24 hrs, book lowest RBD available, as per IATA 735D
JNB-DUR JE/BA BA* Involuntary reroute within 24 hrs, book lowest RBD available, as per IATA 735D
JNB-ELS XZ/BA/JE BA Involuntary reroute within 24 hrs, book lowest RBD available, as per IATA 735D
JNB-PLZ XZ/BA BA Involuntary reroute within 24 hrs, book lowest RBD available, as per IATA 735D
Regional and v.v Carriers Ticket Action / Process
ABJ-ACC AW/HF AW/HF has a direct operation between ABJ-ACC
JNB-ABJ KQ JNB-NBO on SA/KQ, NBO-ABJ on KQ
JNB-ACC KQ JNB- NBO on SA/KQ, NBO-ACC on KQ
JNB-BLZ LLW-BLZ and V.V on ET
JNB-DAR KQ via NBO on KQ
JNB-DKR KQ JNB-NBO on SA and NBO-DKR on KQ
JNB-EBB KQ JNB-NBO on SA and NBO-EBB via KQ
JNB-FIH DT JNB-LAD on SA and LAD-FIH on DT
JNB-HRE BA BA* Involuntary reroute within 24 hrs, book lowest RBD as per IATA 735D
JNB-LAD DT DT has direct operation between JNB-LAD. SPA Applies for Involuntary reroute
SAA will not be able to provide any support for Special Service Requests or Unaccompanied Minors during this period Industrial Action.