South African Airways (SAA) and Airlink have redefined their partnership with a new commercial arrangement from 11 June 2020, replacing their franchise agreement.
Where franchise flights operated by Airlink carry the “SA8” flight designator, under the new commercial arrangement they will operate as Airlink’s “4Z” code.
The new agreement will enable a seamless transition with minimum inconvenience to customers.
· Airlink will continue to sell tickets for flights operated on the SA8 code up to 10 June 2020, available through travel agents, tour operators, on www.flyairlink.com and www.flysaa.com and online booking platforms.
· From 11 June 2020, all Airlink flights will operate using the “4Z” designator. From 16th January 2020 all tickets for those flights will be available through travel agents, tour operators and online at www.flyairlink.com.
· Tickets already issued for travel on flights with “SA8” flight numbers from 11th June 2020 will remain valid for travel subject to re-accommodation by Airlink.
· Customers holding SAA 083 tickets for flights after 10th June, who do not want to be re-accommodated, may apply to SAA for a refund.
· Tickets already in issue for travel on flights with “SA8” flight numbers will remain valid for travel subject to being re-accommodated.
· Customers holding SAA 083 tickets for flights after 10th June, who prefer not to be re-accommodated, may seek a refund through SAA.